by Darksyde (dailykos)
With all the speculation, rumors, accusations and criticism in the media and blogosphere, investigations, arrests, indictments, and guilty pleas of Republicans these days, every now and then it's good to consult an updated program. Programs, get yer programs, can't tell your hearsay from your alleged Republican perps from your alleged Republican pervs without a program. Note: All persons are presumed innocent until such time as they may be proven guilty in a court of law. Or until they cop a plea.
* Vice President Dead-eye Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff Scooter Libby resigns after being indicted on felony charges of obstruction of justice, perjury and making false statements in the CIA leak investigation
* President Bush severely criticized for his role in the domestic NSA wire tap program; Close advisor Karl Rove deeply involved in the same investigation that indicted Scooter Libby; Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has been severely criticized for his role in the torture memos. The President, the AG, and Mr. Rove have not been charged with any wrongdoing
* Tom DeLay, former GOP House Leader already under indictment in Texas, suddenly resigned from Congress Tuesday under a swirling dark cloud of corruption speculation after two of his former senior aids copped pleas and a third may be about to follow suit (See Lindsay Beyerstein's Delay perp walk shot)
* Senate Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist is under investigation for possible securities violations regarding his stock in the company his family founded. He has not been charged with any wrongdoing
* Leading Bush 2000 Campaign contributor and personal friend to the President, Ken Lay, currently being tried for his alleged role in the Enron debacle while he was CEO. According to Conspiracy of Fools, Lay was nearly chosen to be Secretary of the Treasury shortly after Bush's victory in 2000
* Ohio Republican crony Tom Noe indicted on 2/13/06 on 53 counts, including forgery, money laundering, and theft, related to Coingate (Background and mugshot). By some reports, Noe was on the verge of being put in charge of the U. S. Mint in some senior level capacity
* Top-Gun Republican Congressman Randall Cunningham sentenced to eight years and four months in prison after pleading guilty to federal charges of accepting over two million dollars in bribes
* Republican mega-money man Jack Abramoff plead guilty to several felony corruption charges and is facing the distinct possibility of more. Currently free after being sentenced to over five years in prison to cooperate in other investigations one of which involves the gangland style execution of Konstantine Boulis
* Presidential Domestic Policy Advisor and self proclaimed Christian conservative Claude Allen arrested for his alleged leading role in a seedy, felony shoplifting racket
* Department of Homeland Security Assistant Press Secretary Brian Doyle facing arrest on 23 charges related to soliciting sex from a 14 year-old minor in a police sting operation (Don't you feel safer?)
* Update/Additions from comments: White House procurement wonk David Safavian arrested, via OldYellerDog, another alleged pervert via Cory Bantic
The next time a conservative ditto shithead starts babbling about 'family values', do you think they'd appreciate a response with a snarky reference to the Borgia family or would it be best to stick with a more contemporary clan, like Ma Barker's gang, to drive the pithy point home?